Eliminate Dental Anxiety with Oral Sedation
We do whatever we can to make patients feel very relaxed and at ease when they come in for services. One of the ways we make sure every patient enjoys a relaxing experience at our practice is by offering oral sedation dentistry services. If you are anxious about visiting us or you are avoiding a trip to the office out of fear, talk to us about oral sedation that can relieve some of that anxiety. We want you to feel completely at ease before and during your visit!
Do I Need Sedation Dentistry?
You may be a good candidate for oral sedation if you:
- Are fearful about needles and shots
- Have had a bad experience at other dentist’s offices
- You have very sensitive teeth or gums
- You have difficulty opening your mouth wide
- You are sensitive to pain
- You have delayed treatment for some time and are embarrassed about your teeth
- You have a difficult time relaxing
How Oral Sedation Works
Sedative medications work by slowing down the central nervous system. Unlike other forms of sedation, oral sedation keeps you awake but you’re less responsive to things occurring around you and are also less responsive to pain. We may prescribe an oral sedative to help you feel more calm and relaxed before and during your visit.
Benefits of Oral Sedation
- Extremely safe
- Few risks of an adverse reaction with other medications you may be taking
- Induces feeling of calm and relaxation
- No needles or shots needed
- Helps reduce pain during treatment
- Enters bloodstream fairly quickly